If you have installed all the necessary fir equipment in your homes, you might be assured that the safety of your loved ones is ensured. However, once all the equipment has been installed it is necessary to get it checked and maintained on a regular basis. The major reason is to make sure that everything is in proper working order. It is necessary that the equipment is safe and effective to be used in case there is an emergency.
Fire equipment testing should be carried out on a routine basis to ensure the effectiveness of the fire safety equipment. If the equipment is not tested on a regular basis it might not work on a proper basis and would be rendered useless over a period of time.
There are several reason why the fire equipment would stop working. The accumulation of dust and debris on the smoke detectors and water sprinklers can hinder their effectiveness. Other factors include extremely hot or cold weather conditions, vibrations caused by heavy machinery, excessive moisture and other weather conditions can cause the equipment to malfunction at about any point.
How is the fire equipment tested?
Fire equipment testing is carried out by a team of experts who ensure to check all of the following pieces of equipment.
- The team of experts would make sure they check out the muzzle of the fire extinguishers to see that they are free of dust and debris which would hinder the flow of the gas.
- The charging gauge is checked to ensure that the unit is charged properly
- The mounting brackets are checked a well and the tag on the brackets is also checked to ensure that it is recent.
- The position of the extinguishers is also checked to ensure that they are placed in a strategic position and can be used immediately in case of an emergency.
- Proper fire extinguisher testing in Brisbane is always carried out by professionals.
Fire Hydrants and hoses
- These are checked for water pressure
- Also their connection to the water source is checked as well to make sure it is intact
- The hydrant should have no obstacles to hinder in its efficiency
- It is checked whether the battery backup is in perfect working order or not
- Electrical connections are tested
- Lighting sensors are checked to ensure that those are in proper working order
Smoke detectors and fire alarms
- The sensor for the smoke alarms are checked to see if they are in proper working order.
- Battery backup is checked
- The noise is also checked to ensure that it is at an audible level so people can hear it when emergency strikes
- It is also checked that the visual and strobe lights are in perfect working order
It is always a good idea to check out all the equipment to lower any sort of risk. Proper maintenance and ire equipment testing in Brisbane is carried out by experts. They make sure that your home or building is safe for use. It is therefore essential to have the safety checks carried on a regular basis.