If you are thinking of building a shed in your back yard or buying one, there are few things you should consider before you proceed. You need to consider the costs of this undertaking to make sure you come in under budget, and you need to make sure you have the spot you want to put the shed all planned out. This includes having the price of lumber figured out, cement for the foundation, and the people to haul it all out to your house.
When it comes to buying a shed or picking out the materials to build a shed, you need to know about what you are buying. Sheds come in three different types of materials. These include wood, plastic (vinyl or resin), and metal. The pros and cons of each are listed below:
- It is resistant to rot, insect damage and rust.
- It is very low maintenance; you just put it up and leave it.
- Easy to move. Plastic storage sheds are lightweight.
- You cannot customise a plastic storage shed. You get it the way it comes.
- It is not pretty to look at.
- Metal sheds are durable. This means it withstands a lot of weather problems.
- Metal sheds are resistant to rot and insects because they are made from materials resistant to both.
- These are often cheap to buy and put up, so it is not that expensive.
- You cannot customise a metal shed easily.
- A metal shed is not very pretty to look at.
- Metal can rust and get leaks.
- Very pretty to look at.
- You can easily modify a shed if you want to add shelves or hooks to hang tools.
- Wooden sheds are very strong and durable.
- Very prone to rotting if not built well or if it was made from low-quality materials.
- Wood is more expensive to work with than other materials because of the cost of natural resources.
A high-quality resin shed is often one of the best things you can buy for a shed. This is a type of plastic shed that can be made from a number of different materials. The most common is vinyl or polyethylene. If the shed is made from vinyl, the shed has the added benefit of being fire resistant. They are also extremely good for areas that see a lot of hot weather or live in humid climates. These types of sheds withstand the elements better than wood or metal and come out looking a lot better than older plastic sheds.
Buying a high-quality resin shed will give you the shed you need plus they are easy to clean, are resistant to rot, insect damage and will not rust. They are also easy to move if you need to move them. They are less sturdy than a metal or wood shed, but the price of a resin shed is what sells them. They are an inexpensive way to get the shed you want without spending too much to do it. Even large sheds aren’t that expensive. Smaller sheds run anywhere from $300 to $600 depending on the type of features you want on the inside and the outside. Many of the larger sheds can run $700 to $5000 for the same reasons.
If you still don’t know what type of shed to use, buy Stor-Mate storage sheds and save yourself a lot of trouble.